Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tough Cookies Win! - Los Angeles Roller Derby Photographer

I have been to my fair share of roller derby games, but I have to say the Tough Cookies vs. Sirens game last weekend may have been the best one. It literally came down to the last 15 seconds but the Tough Cookies scored the winning points in the last jam to win 135 to 130. It was pretty intense.

As with the other games I've photographed, the amazing and wonderful diva jammer Gori Spelling let me be her guest photographer. It was the first game I had a flash for, so I got to experiment with some motion blurs and try out my new lens. It was also Skatum O'Neal's birthday, so I'm glad I got to see her and give her a birthday mustache necklace. I had such a great time and can't wait for the next game. Here are a few highlights, with the rest of the set up on flickr.

6 comments:

Nikole September 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

Ha! So much fun! Kind of makes me want to give it a go :)

Kyle September 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

Crazy, I can't even imagine how hard it must've been to focus with how fast they were moving!

Joey Chandler September 8, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Love their names. Looks like fun. Anyone ever skate with a camera? That could be interesting.

Paul Von Rieter September 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Good stuff Jessica. I love the way you captured the motion and excitement.

Lisa Novakowski September 13, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

I enjoyed watching the spectator's expressions in some of these shots!

Heather October 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM  

Cool! moving subjects are the funnest ones!

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP