Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sew Crafty

Since the end of last year, I've been gradually expanding my craftiness in a few different areas. First, I bought a starter kit and some patterns from Sublime Stitching and got hooked on embroidery. It was pretty simple to learn and I felt like I got good at it fairly quickly. Then when I was between jobs in March, I took an "machine intro" sewing class at Sew L.A. The instructor and owner there were both really helpful and friendly. I got a lot out of the class and hope to take some more advanced lessons in the future.

So armed with new embroidery and sewing skills, I successfully made a few presents over the last few months:


Festive tea-towel apron for my sister's birthday, embroidered with different colored lanterns.


Some details of the embroidery.



Another blue and brown tea-towel apron for my mom on Mother's Day, with coffee and cake embroidery.



And a cotton and minke baby blanket for some friends of mine who are expecting their first baby any day now. The baby blanket ended up pretty small, but I think it made up in cuteness what it lacked in size.



I've done a few other embroidery projects since then, but none I've taken photos of.

And I have several other photos to update here, including a wedding, my six-week long photography class assignments, and then my upcoming trip to Ireland!

1 comments:

Anonymous July 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

I love the baby blanket

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP