Tuesday, October 28, 2008

1 Week until Elections!

As election time gets closer, I hope everyone is planning to vote on or before November 4th. Last week while I was traveling, I ended up going to a rally for early voting in Florida, where Barack Obama spoke, among several others. Though I am now a California resident, I grew up in Florida and was living there during the controversial 2000 presidential election, and as sad as it is to say, Florida's track record for disenfranchised voters has not improved much since then. So I hope this year will be a turning point - that people in Florida will come out to vote in strong numbers and will feel like their votes matter and are counted. This election year has been full of historical firsts, and I hope no matter who you are voting for, you'll exercise your right to voice your opinion.

I took several pictures at the rally, which can be seen here. These are two of my favorites:


0 comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP