Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles: Jesse & Marika Engagement Photos

Jesse is one of the first people I met in LA. I hadn't even moved here from Florida yet, but came out for an editing internship with American Cinema Editors in 2004. Jesse was one of the other interns selected that year, so we spent a lot of time together and a few weeks later I met his wonderful girlfriend Marika. Since then, we've all stayed in touch, whether it's working together or meeting up to watch Roller Derby. At a career-coaching workshop Marika hosted in January, I found out that she and Jesse were engaged. They're getting married on the east coast this fall, but I thought it would be fun to take some engagement photos in LA, and the Griffith Observatory is a pretty iconic place to do that. Just in time for sunset, we headed over to Barnsdall Art Park to get a few more shots. The lighting was really pretty there, and I love how you can see the Observatory in the background of some of them. Not only are Jesse and Marika an adorable and great couple, but they were also perfect subjects - lots of fun and willing to try anything. Congratulations, you two!

7 comments:

Kirsten Alana July 4, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

I've always wanted to shoot at Griffith! You did my imagination justice, gorgeous images!!

Alex Gardner July 4, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

JESS! I MEAN JESS!!!
That's a fantastic series from such an iconic site!

Kristen Honeycutt July 5, 2010 at 1:35 AM  

Love how her dress pops in front of that turquoise door. Nice work!!

Kim Robbins July 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

That green door is delicious!! You did an amazing job!

ken kienow July 5, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

way to rock the location! awesome session.

Cynthia Marie July 5, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Nice work! Really like the location, such fun!

Funmi Omotade-Tan November 24, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

O so pretty! Marika in green doorway is my favourite. Nicely done shoot :-)

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP