Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ariel Photography: Portraits at Venice Beach, CA

Ariel and I met on my first job in Los Angeles, when I was working as a logger and she was an assistant editor on the reality show Outback Jack. A lot of us stayed in touch after the show ended, and Ariel and I even worked together a few years after. But since then, our schedules have both gotten busy and it had been awhile since we've been in touch. Then I got an email that Ariel was looking to reconnect with people and I thought taking portraits of her would be the perfect way to spend an afternoon catching up. Ariel lives in Venice, so we went down to Venice Beach to take photos near the ocean and around the street vendors. And Ariel is an aspiring photographer herself so we got to talk about cameras and lenses and plan some future photo outings for the two of us to go on. There are a lot of great locations and backdrops there, and Ariel was a perfect subject. Here are a few of my favorites from our session.


1 comments:

Erica June 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

I really like the photo on the left of the diptych. I like the lines behind her and the processing is lovely.

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP