Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Holga!

As mentioned in some of my earlier posts, I got a Holga camera from my amazing friends Azin and Lyle for my birthday this year. I had two rolls of film, with 12 exposures each, so I could've blown through them very quickly, but I wanted to take my time. I ended up spanning almost a month of carrying the Holga around, taking a few photos here, a few more there, and finally getting them developed last week. And I ended up with a collage of different parts of Los Angeles, and love that there are color and black and whites pictures in the mix. I really like the vintage look of the camera, the experimental nature of not knowing exactly how your film will turn out, and having a fun new toy to play with. I'll be getting more film soon and updating here, but in the meantime check out the awesome Holga flickr pool.



Looking westward and the Hollywood sign from the Griffith Park Observatory.





My friend Aimee's croquet birthday party, where I unfortunately forgot to take pictures of the birthday girl. Hopefully she will forgive me.







Emma in our living room, longer exposure gave a ghosting effect.



Outside our apartment, very early morning. I love the red car tail lights trailing through the frame.



A double exposure and some other shots around Valley Photo Service, using up the last of the film before dropping it off for developing.

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP