Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Feeling Treasured.

Today I was featured on two separate Etsy Treasuries! A Treasury is a way for an Etsy member to showcase the work of others by displaying a collection of 12 items they pick, usually based on a common color, theme, or subject. Since this is the first time I've been handpicked by someone else to highlight my photography, I'm a bit giddy and kind of want to brag about it, as well as thank the people who were kind enough to pick me.

So the first Treasury was picked by Etsy member FlandersField. It showcases the work of several members of the POE (Photographers of Etsy) team that I'm on, and it includes my Blue Disco photo.


FlandersField is an amazing photographer and has lots of beautiful nature photographs in her Etsy shop. I love how close she gets in to the flowers and plants, giving an entirely different perspective than what we would normally see. Here are some of her featured items:


The second treasury I found myself in was curated by Etsy member KarmaRox. The theme for this treasury was "Seeing RED" so my red Chandelier photo was showcased among lots of other cool red clothes, accessories, and artwork.


KarmaRox's Etsy shop has some really beautiful vintage clothes and jewelry. Stuff that you wold have to comb through several thrift stores or estate sales to find even a few of these lovely, antique items, and yet she's managed to collect so many of them all in one place. I also really like the way she photographs the items she has, giving them a real sense of time and place. Here's a quick glimpse of some of her featured items.


So if you're reading and have a chance to check out the treasuries and shops of these Etsy members, please show them some love since I'm brimming over with gratitude!

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP