Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Carded

When I first decided I wanted to open an etsy shop, a fellow etsy seller, ettu, suggested including note cards as well as photography prints. I thought this was a great idea, so I had a small amount printed, and have been offering them in my shop and giving them away for birthdays since then. While I liked the way they came out, printers who will print small quantities are few and far between, and I didn't want to be stuck with 100 robot or disco ball note cards cluttering up my apartment if they weren't that popular. So since then I've started making my own cards by mounting 4 x 6 inch prints to blank white cards I found at a crafts store. This is so much easier, since I can make them to order in any quantities I want, and don't have to wait for them to be printed and shipped. And since the photos are a standard size, it gives the option of having a small frameable print in addition to the card. Of the two new card designs I've debuted, both sold almost immediately. So I think it's a success and I'll be making more cards like this, with more photos, in the future.

"His & Hers" shoes card



"Confetti" 3 card set


0 comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP