Friday, November 19, 2010

Killer Nostalgia - Toy Camera Film Photography

I am so lucky to be friends with the incredibly talented minds behind Killer Nostalgia, filmmakers who document weddings on super 8mm, 16mm and 35mm film. Since Killer Nostalgia shoots film exclusively, I wanted to to do the same for their portraits. I temporarily ditched the digital cameras in favor of my 35mm SLR, the Diana F+ and Holga TLR, some expired film several years old and some slide film for cross-processing. Eight rolls of film and eight hours of scanning later, I think we ended up with some really cool shots. 

I can't say enough good things about Dennis, Ivette, and Bill. They are all creative, cool, fun people making creative, cool, fun movies. Check them out and have them make an amazing movie for you!




15 comments:

Becca Dilley November 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Oh, I would love to see some of those larger - the holga stuff is so cool!

Nessa K November 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

I LOVE the last black and white shot. This is a beautiful set. =)

Darko November 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Very cool shots. it's like time traveling.

alexis November 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

FUN!

justin Phillips November 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

That last shot is great! I love the simplicity of it.

Herman Au November 23, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

so cool this makes me wanna bust out my film cameras =)

Lisa Novakowski November 23, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

They are all super fantastic, but there is something I really love about the last shot. It feels timeless...

Phill November 24, 2010 at 4:18 AM  

Utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly, totally, outright... cool. I can't really convey how cool I think this collection of images is. Okay, maybe I can. And they're not cool in some aloof, detached, hipster manner either. They're raw and beautiful at the same time. I'd love to be presented like this in photographs!

Jared Tseng November 24, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

Love Love Love toy cameras! Glad to see you're using them...wish I could pull my Holga out more often. Nice work.

Kat Braman November 24, 2010 at 6:37 AM  

such a cool set! I especially love the last one and the 3 little ones right above it

Sally November 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Oh fun!
This makes me want a toy camera!
I'd love to see some larger as well.

John Patrick November 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

These are just plain, good ol' fun fotos. Love 'em.

Matthew Evans November 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

it'd love to try this out! awesome fun by the looks of it :)

Heather November 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM  

Oh, so much FUN!!!!

Bill Millios November 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM  

Way cool. How fitting. I'm sure they're delighted...

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP