Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ireland - Dublin and Wicklow

For my 30th birthday, my awesome husband Matt surprised me with a trip to Ireland. Best present ever. We went in July so that we could attend the first day of the Oxegen Music Festival. We flew in and out of Dublin, but also took tours of Wicklow County, visited Belfast and the Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland, and just had a really great time. Here are few photos from the first part of the trip.



Intersection near where we stayed, at the very cool Grafton Guest House.


View from inside the Guinness Storehouse, and from the panoramic Gravity Bar on the seventh floor. The Guinness is delicious in Dublin.


We were staying pretty close to St Stephen's Green, so we walked there one afternoon.



Okay, the Irish Film Institute leaves much to be desired in the way of a tourist attraction. As far as we could tell, there wasn't a book shop, only DVDs for sale, and no real cafe. But I thought the sign was cool and that was enough, I guess.

We took a full-day bus tour to Co. Wicklow outside of Dublin, and the highlight of the trip was Glendalough and St. Kevin's Monastery.







0 comments:

Search This Blog

Labels

About Me

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States
A filmmaker and photographer, I live in Los Angeles with my amazing husband, our pet turtle and cat.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP